Item Added to Basket
Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD)
Available for VAT relief
Product Code (SKU)
This software helps create a wide range of communication books to suit varying communication, language and sensory requirements.Read More
This software helps create a wide range of communication books to suit varying communication, language and sensory requirements.
PODD provides practitioners with templates and guidelines to develop an appropriate communication book and also describes comprehensive strategies to enable the use of the system in the child’s daily life – at home, at school and in the community.
Who is this resource for?
This resource is for people supporting children who are learning to communicate using aided symbols (pictographs, graphic symbols, whole written words). Therapists, teachers and parents will all have the opportunity to access the materials in this resource for their clients, students, children and young people.
What does the resource contain?
The resource provides templates to create a range of PODD communication books designed for children who use direct pointing with a whole hand, finger or pointer. Some of these page sets can also be modified to accommodate pick up and give/show or partner assisted scanning access methodologies.
The 3 x CD-Rom set includes:
- An electronic version of the book titled Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display communication books by Gayle Porter (2007). This publication describes the theoretical underpinnings and features of PODDcommunication books and includes a detailed section on teaching learning strategies.
- Templates for fourteen different PODD communication books from simple early functions to complex syntax. These templates can be viewed and customised using Boardmaker 6 (not included).
To support you to make customised PODD communication books, each set of templates includes:
- An information file providing a detailed description for that communication book’s language, page layout, vocabulary organisation and navigation pathways.
- Construction files providing specific instructions for printing and constructing each communication book.
What’s on the CDs?
- CD1 contains:
- The book: Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) communication books in PDF format
- Step by step instructions for selecting and customising a PODD template to suit individual requirements
- Vocabulary ideas
- Colour master file (Boardmaker format)
- Template folders for one page opening PODD communication books, from nine per page early functions to twenty per page expanded functions
- Template folders for group PODD communication books
- CD2 contains template folders for two page opening PODD communication books: forty key word, seventy expanded key word and one hundred plus complex syntax.
- CD3 contains template folders for two page opening with side panel PODD communication books: thirty six key word, forty eight expanded keyword and ninety plus complex syntax.
- Boardmaker 6 or 7 - for printing and customising the templates.
- Adobe Reader.
- CD-Rom drive.