Item Added to Basket
PODD Alternative Access (A4 Version)
Available for VAT relief
Product Code (SKU)
A new version of Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) offering an alternative method of access. This software helps create a wide range of communication books to suit varying communication, language and sensory requirements.Read More
A new version of Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) offering an alternative method of access. This software helps create a wide range of communication books to suit varying communication, language and sensory requirements.
These PODD Alternative Access templates are designed for individuals who:
- have physical challenges directly pointing to sufficient symbols to meet their communication and language requirements
- can see the picture symbols and manage the visual complexity of a whole page to locate the symbol they require.
Included in this resource are templates to make 22 different Alternative Access PODD communication books with a range of vocabulary and language complexity for individuals to use:
- Direct eye-gaze access
- Partner-assisted visual scanning access
- Eye-gaze plus partner-assisted visual scanning combination access
- Direct pointing plus partner-assisted visual scanning combination access
- Colour coded column plus partner-assisted visual scanning access
- Coded access
Included in the folders for each communication book are:
- A detailed Information file describing the target population, access options, language, page layout, navigation, optional pages and page bypage customisation for that PODD communication book.
- Detailed Construction files providing step-by-step instructions to select materials, print and construct that PODD communication book.
- A folder including Boardmaker® templates for all the pages and page options to make that PODD communication book. These generic templates are opened, customised and printed using Boardmaker 6 (not included).
- Videos to demonstrate the operational procedures for using each access method. Video examples of direct and full models using a range of alternative methods are also included.
- The book, Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) communication books by Gayle Porter (2017), in pdf file format.
- Boardmaker 6 or 7 - for printing and customising the templates.
- Adobe Reader.