Item Added to Basket
Product Code (SKU)
NumberShark is a motivating computer program that uses 50 games to teach and reinforce numeracy and improve understanding and use of numbers. The wide variety of carefully designed games provide many ways in which to practise the same information.
Please note: downloadable software licence is delivered via email within 2-3 days of ordering. Available to UK customers only.Read More
NumberShark is most often used by students aged between 6 and 15. Most games are appropriate for any age although a few of the games are more suitable for younger children.
Older students, with reasonable number skills, use Numbershark to improve their mental maths - sometimes before exams.
The program addresses many of the difficulties which lead students to dislike maths. These include poor short term memory, limited attention span and poor sequencing skills.
To help those with dyslexia and dyscalculia, many of the games give a visual idea of what is happening when you add, subtract, multiply or divide. Fractions and decimals are also shown visually. Variable speeds and other options meet all grades of skill.
There are over 500 topics to choose from, addressing each of the following number operations:
- + Addition
- - Subtraction
- x Multiplication
- ÷ Division
- ½ Fractions
- 1.2 Decimals
- % Simple Percentages ...in very gradual steps
The program in basic steps:
- Step 1: Select a list of ‘sums’ from the ‘topics’ e.g. 7 x table, easy adds to 100... To get to the database of topics, click on ‘choose topics.’ Numbershark gives a fresh set of ‘sums’ each time a topic is selected. There is a recommended set of games for every topic to get the most out of Numbershark.
- Step 2: Click on one of the games icons. To get to the icons, click on ‘choose games.’ (Your chosen list of 'sums' will be applied to specific games.)
- Step 3: Enjoy playing your game! Then try the reward activity...
- Step 4: Pick a new game!
- Step 5: When the topic is learnt, choose a new one!
Please note: downloadable software licence is delivered via email within 2-3 days of ordering. Available to UK customers only.
We found other products you might like!