Item Added to Basket
Choose and Cook
Available for VAT relief
Product Code (SKU)
Choose and Cook
An easy, fun story based program about preparing healthy food and home kitchen management. Aimed primarily at non-readers with severe learning difficulties of all ages, and perfect for mainstream primary classes.
Please note: Choose and Cook software is downloadable software delivered via email within 2-3 days of receipt of order.Read More
- Pupils choose a meal to make then find the ingredients from different places in the kitchen. They are then taken through the cooking and preparation process, where they choose the correct utensils for the job. Finally, they invite a friend and enjoy the meal together.
- This program can be used in tandem with real cooking and home management lessons. Although real experience is vital, Choose and Cook enables your class to focus on the actual processes without being distracted by the physical and cognitive challenges of individual tasks. The simple recipes in the program can all be easily produced in the kitchen.
- Supports the QCA “Developing Skills - Additional Priorities” documents and the DCSF initiatives in healthy eating and cookery classes. In supporting Design & Technology, it enables students to practice the skills necessary to plan a healthy meal, select and use the tools (utensils) and materials (food) they will need for the various processes, and communicate their understanding of what they have learnt through choice-making.
Choose and Cook is a Nick Wonham creation
Growing up, Nick loved reading and writing stories that combined adventure, magic and monsters with daft humour.
His aim now, as an SEN teacher of 12 years, is to create resources that engage and motivate students, enable them to reach their creative potential, meet their objectives and make the curriculum more accessible and exciting.
As well as a teacher and software designer, Nick is also a printmaker and has illustrated two books with lino prints. He is married and has three children. All his family have posed for characters in his software, but they draw the line at modelling for the monsters.
- Compatible with: Windows: 7 / 8 / 10 / 11
- Choose and Cook is now delivered by download (with an activation key).
- MSI installer is available for site licence customers.
- An active internet connection required for installation/activation.
Documentation & Downloads
- Choose and Cook EXE (56.6 MB)
- Choose and Cook Manual (2.4 MB)
- Choose and Cook - Assessment Sheets (12.8 MB)